Abstracts - Full text Search
Tools for Observations
AstronomyResources on the Internet
Level5 IPAC !NEW
People connected with astronomy:
A comprehensive list of resources is:
Other sources on the Web are:
An online edition of Astronomy Now a lot of FTP sites and WWW pages of interest to astronomers.
- Clementine images are available from the Naval Research Laboratory.
- NASA has a superb home page which points to other NASA centres.
- Jet Propulsion Laboratory is a major source of information on space probes.
- Space Environment Laboratory has an index of sites providing solar images.
- SDAC is the Solar Data Analysis Center at GSFC. It provides the latest ground- and space-based solar images.
- Astronomy servers on the Internet.
- nic.funet.fi - directory /pub/astro, is possibly the biggest collection of freely available astronomical software on the net.
- ftp.stsci.edu - directory /scsci/epa, is supported by the Space Telescope Science Institute. It has a big collection of Shoemaker-Levy Jupiter impact images.
- pubinfo.jpl.nasa.gov - directory /public/jpinfo, is supported by the Jet Propulsion Laboratory. All sorts of images and information are available, including space probes like Galileo and Magellan.
- kilroy.jpl.nasa.gov - file /pub/space/elements/satelem/new_elem.z, contains current satellite elements.
- seds.lpl.arizona.edu - directory /pub/images, has thousands of images from space missions.
- xi.uleth.ca - directory /pub, has solar images at various wavelengths.
Updated: July, 09, 2013; 10:48