We are pleased to announce the international workshop
“Comet formation paradigm after Rosetta. What is the hallmark of cometary nuclei formation in protoplanetary discs inherited from Rosetta?”
that will be held from June 19 to 23, 2017 in Sofia, Bulgaria.
The workshop is organized by the Institute for Space Astrophysics and Planetology (IAPS) of National Institute for Astrophysics (INAF), Italy, the Institute of Astronomy and National Astronomical Observatory(IA&NAO) of Bulgarian Academy of Sciences (BAS), and is partially funded by Europlanet 2020 Research Infrastructure (RI).
The workshop is one of the main post-Rosetta scientific forums in 2017.
...This workshop aims to gather the scientific community interested in various aspects of cometary science together with experts in planetary formation. The main focus will be to discuss the state-of-the-art cometary nuclei formation paradigm taking into account the recent information coming from observation, laboratory investigations and modelling results, and identifying new scientific goals for the post-Rosetta era. The meeting will provide a unique and timely forum for a discussion on our understanding of the role of the comets in the Solar System formation and evolution...
From the pre-solar cloud to the dust and icy grains
Mass transport and mixing within the Solar System
Planetesimal formation/ from planetesimals to comets
Rosetta (what we learned on composition and structure of the 67P nucleus)
- 28 February - Abstract submission opens
- 25 April - Deadline for abstract submission
- 3 May - Notification of abstract acceptance and early bird registration starts
- 17 May - Confirmation of attendance and early bird registration ends
- 31 May - Deadline for online registration and payment with regular registration fee
- 19 June - On-site registration opens with late registration fee
Submit your abstract via the registration form by 25th April 2017!